The concept of vocational service calls on Rotarians to “encourage and foster”:
• High ethical standards in business and professions
• The recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations
• The dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society
As a Rotarian, how can you put these ideals into action? Consider these suggestions:
• Talk about your vocation in your club, and take time to learn about fellow members’ vocations.
• Use your professional skills to serve a community.
• Practice your profession with integrity, and inspire others to behave ethically through your own words and actions.
• Help a young person achieve his or her career aspirations.
• Guide and encourage others in their professional development.
If you do any of these things, you are performing vocational service. And if vocational service motivates and energizes you, then you’re in the right place, because vocational service is the very essence of Rotary. It is what sets Rotary apart from other service organizations.
“Just as Rotary itself can never keep its place unless it is constantly growing, so each individual Rotary club cannot afford to stand still while the stream of life moves onward.”— EverForward!, THE ROTARIAN, February 1941
Rotary is a worldwide organisation of business, professional and community leaders. Clubs are non-political, non-religious and open to all cultures, races and creeds. Richly rewarding, the Rotary Club of Phillip Island and San Remo gives you the opportunity to ‘pay it forward’ and to have a positive impact in our community and internationally.
A highly active and prosperous Club, we raise money and provide support for many local, national and international projects that seek to improve the lives of those less fortunate than ourselves. We work within the Phillip Island and San Remo communities, alongside other charitable organisations, schools, individuals and businesses to make a difference in the world.
We are an active Club within the wider Rotary network and we are proud of the work we do. You can find out more about or Club and projects by clicking on the images below. You are welcome to attend any of our Monday meetings and we delight in growing our membership so if you want to make a difference in the lives of others, please get in touch. We would love to hear from you.