Rotary Youth Exchange Australia provides an opportunity of a lifetime for young Australians aged between 15 & 18 to study abroad for up to one year. Becoming a full-time student of a different country and immersing them self in a new culture they experience first-hand a new way of life and in some instances another language.
Our Club supports and facilitates Rotary Exchange Student program every few years. We are a small Club and have many projects and events that we engage in, and therefore we do not always have the capacity to deliver this program. The last student exchange student program that we implemented was in 2014. We will be exploring how and when we can run this again in the 2015-16 Rotary year.
This is an amazing program and while it is a great deal of work for students to apply for the Exchange, and there are many hoops to jump through it is well worth it.
As a Rotary Exchange Student you will have:
- An opportunity to develop your personal self confidence and maturity
- An opportunity to develop a lifetime of international friendships
- An opportunity to develop a real understanding of many different cultures
- An opportunity to develop new language skills
- An opportunity to develop a base for future education and career goals
- An opportunity to develop in many ways.
Find out more about Rotary Youth Exchange program here www.ryea.org.au