Vocational ServiceRotary Principles in Action
The underlying premises for Vocational Service is to:
- Encourage high ethical standards in business and professions.
- Recognise the worth of useful occupations.
- Celebrate the opportunities that Rotarians have to serve society through their occupations.
Each Rotary Club has a Vocational Services member that is charged with encouraging Rotarians to believe they have a link between the idealism of Rotary and the operation of their profession or trade. A development of this personal goal is to demonstrate this link to the wider community.
There are over 30,000 Rotarians in Australia and their ethical behaviours can impact on the population at large.
- Honesty needs to be done and seen to be done.
- Courtesy is a recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations.
- Justice is about being treated fairly and respectfully.
- Understanding in a multicultural population such as in Australia is at the core of living in harmony.
Our Vocational Services members provide our Club with interesting and informative opportunities to learn about other Rotarians’ professions and occupations and to recognise members of our community that live the ideals of Rotary.