Our ClubRotary Club of Phillip Island and San Remo
The Rotary Club of Phillip Island and San Remo was Chartered on 4th May 1977.
We are a small Island and village community at the entrance to Western Port Bay. We are surrounded by an amazing number of wildlife attractions and magnificent scenery.
Our 36 enthusiastic members are all committed to having fun and fellowship whilst networking and providing humanitarian community service; both locally, Australia wide and internationally. Our Club has over 25% female membership and 50% of our members have been members of Rotary for between 10 and 20 years. 37% of our members have been a member for between 1-5 years.
We enjoy great diversity within our Club, which is an important asset for us as we engage with many diverse communities in need.
Our Club provides:
- Service opportunities – the satisfaction of giving back to your community.
- Friendship – enjoying fellowship and camaraderie with like-minded people
- Good Citizenship – meetings inform us about what is taking place in our local community, the nation and internationally
- Professional networking opportunities – membership represents a cross section of our community
- Youth Development – we sponsor a wide range of Youth Development Programs including Youth Exchange
- International Awareness – the opportunity to build goodwill and peace throughout the world
- Leadership development – team building, fundraising, public speaking, planning, organization and communication are some of the skills that club members have the opportunity to develop.
- Diversity in membership – we represent a wide variety of the communities professional men and women, including leaders in business, industry, primary producers, the arts, government and education.
- Ethical Environment – Rotary encourages high ethical standards in one’s profession and respect for others. Rotarians abide by THE FOUR-WAY TEST for the things we think, say or do:
Is it the TRUTH?
Is it FAIR to all concerned?
Will it build GOODWILL & BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
Our Club meets every Monday from 6.30pm until about 8.30pm.
Of course not everyone can, nor wants to, attend every meeting. Attendance is encouraged but we all recognise our members have busy lives and many priorities to juggle.
Every meeting follows roughly the same format and traditions are respected. However, as a rule, meetings have both formal and informal elements and fun and fellowship are a priority. The opportunity to enjoy a meal with members is provided every week. This rotates from semi-formal to informal each week, although not everyone participates in the dining opportunity every week. Again individual member choice is respected. Our meetings usually start with a Rotary tradition;
Rotary Invocation: For good food and good fellowship and the opportunity of service through Rotary, we give thanks.
The Toast: “To Australia, Rotary and the Queen” Or “To Australia and Rotary”
Guest speakers are welcomed and most meetings include the opportunity to hear from a speaker.
We are very fortunate that we have some interesting and esteemed members of our community that are willing to share their achievements, challenges and lessons with us.
We also hear from travelling speakers and invited guests from around the world, as well as Rotary members reporting back on humanitarian work they have been involved in.
We are an active Club and members are frequently involved in fundraising activities or humanitarian projects that they are reporting on as well. Our meetings are an important part of the Rotary family as they provide an opportunity to connect and catch up with friends and networks, and further enhance the Rotary community.
Visitors are always welcome and if you would like to learn more about our Club and attend any of our meetings as a visitor you will always be welcome, and made welcome!
Contact us to find out more about our Club or to express an interest in attending any of our meetings, fundraising opportunities or get involved with any of our projects. We look forward to hearing from you.