On the Rotary calendar June is Fellowship month. It is a time when Rotarians recognise the importance of international fellowship and goodwill among Rotarians with similar recreational and vocational interests, promote increased participation in fellowships, and increase understanding of the Rotary programs.
When we talk about “Rotary Fellowships”, we refer to the groups of Rotarians, Rotarian spouses and Rotaractors who join together to:
- Share a common interest in worthwhile recreational activities (sports, hobbies, etc.);
- Further their vocational development through acquaintance with others of the same profession;
- Make new friends around the world;
- Explore new opportunities for service; and
- Have fun and enhance their experience in Rotary.
Fellowship provide opportunities for Rotarians to make lasting friendships outside their own Club, District or country. Fellowships contribute to the advancement of world understanding and peace. Also, Fellowships serve as an incentive for attracting new members to Rotary and retaining our existing members. Indeed, Rotary Fellowship, together with the Rotarian Action Groups, serve as an effective tool in promoting membership development and should be actively promoted in our Districts.
To find out more about Fellowships in Rotary please contact our Club (email@example.com) or come along to one of our Monday meetings. Visitors are always welcome.